Solar (PV modules) – Sales Director (Residential)
Upsolar is a leading international developer and producer of high quality solar PV modules at competitive prices, ensuring secure long-term investments for our customers around the world. By utilizing a fables, asset-light business model and top-tier module components, Upsolar is able to stay ahead of the demand curve and offer innovative, tailored PV technologies to meet customers' varying performance and aesthetic needs. All Upsolar modules are covered by industry-leading product warranties and performance guarantees, including third-party coverage options. To date Upsolar has sold more than 1 GW of PV modules worldwide.
In order to support its growth in the U.S. residential market, Upsolar America Inc. is recruiting a Sales Director to focus on this specific segment.
The role of the Sales Director is to sell and market Upsolar’s PV turn-key solutions (“Upsolar Performance Loan”) for residential and expand the dealer network throughout the US. He/she is responsible in establishing business development activities with existing and new channel partners.
Responsibilities include new business development, lead generation, joint marketing activities, achieving quarterly sales quotas and recruiting new channel partners.
1. Residential Sales: Build and maintain relationships with Residential Channel Partners to promote Upsolar residential turn-key solution (Upsolar Performance Loan). Develop training material to coach Partner’s Sales Teams on end-user benefits and key selling-points of Upsolar Performance Loan Program. Create incentive programs for Partners’s Sales Teams to accelerate program-adoption and maintain loyalty to Upsolar Performance Loan.
2. Account Management / Customer Relationship Management: Maintain Account relationship with regular customer follow-up. Collaborate with Upsolar’s Technical Manager on issues with account as they occur.
3. Marketing: Organize with US Management Team and HQ marketing department creation of collateral materials for Upsolar Performance Loan Program and identify relevant prospective sponsorship opportunities at local tradeshows and events.
· More than three years of sales experience in the US solar industry. Residential experience (distribution background) is preferred.
· More than five years of proven sales track record in meeting or exceeding sales quota is a must
· Combined technical and commercial orientation is an advantage
· Results driven, personal accountability, high energy, passionate about PV
· Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
· Proficient in MS Office and a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
U.S. market with focus on “Solar States”
Virtual with travel 40% to 50% within territory
Minimum BA / BS required; Finance or Engineering related degree a plus
Upon experience, attractive sales commission scheme
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.